Zoomlion Attributes Accra’s Waste Issues to Public Attitudes and Enforcement Weaknesses

Spread the love

Zoomlion, a prominent waste management company in Ghana, has emphasized the role of attitudinal issues as a major obstacle to efficient waste management in the nation’s capital. 

Sophia Kudjordji, Corporate Affairs and Communications Officer at Zoomlion Ghana Ltd, discussed these concerns during an interview with Bernard Avle on the Citi Breakfast Show. Despite substantial investments in the sector, persistent waste problems persist. Kudjordji noted that the company recently expanded its workforce, increasing personnel to conduct clean-up operations aimed at maintaining cleanliness in the city.

Nevertheless, these efforts appear to be hampered by the public’s disposition towards waste disposal and the absence of rigorous enforcement by law enforcement agencies.

“With the significant investment in waste management in the country, it’s disheartening to witness the extent of waste accumulation. Despite increasing our workforce for afternoon clean-up operations, challenges persist due to attitudes, behaviors, and lax enforcement by law enforcement agencies,” she expressed.

https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=989548&nci=17043

Accra, the capital, has long struggled with recurring flooding issues, exacerbated by obstructed gutters filled with waste.

Zoomlion maintains that they collect 70% of the waste in Accra, with larger waste management companies, including Zoomlion, responsible for 80%, while local tricycle operators, known as “Aboboyaa,” handle the remaining 20%.

Join NWN.com WhatsApp channel for daily updates

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va8J6hp4Y9lkVa1iPX1F

 

Useful Links 

ADVERTIZE WITH US
N-NET : SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESS 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik